This server is not the indexer of this search application.
- Use an account that has administrative permissions to log on to the computer that is running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, move to the %programfiles%\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\12\bin folder.
- Type the following at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:stsadm -o spsearch -action stopThis command stops and disables the Windows SharePoint Services Search service.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- In the Services MMC snap-in, right-click Windows SharePoint Services Search, and then click Properties.
- In the Windows SharePoint Services Search Properties dialog box, click the Log On tab.
- Click This account, type the name of the domain account that has the correct permissions, type the password, and then type the password again in the Confirm password box.
- Click the General tab, click the list next to Startup type, and then click Automatic. Click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.
Article ID: 923896 - Last Review: May 28, 2009 - Revision: 1