Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To have us enable or disable Memory Diagnostic for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable or disable Memory Diagnostic yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then follow the steps in the Fix it Wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfIf you want to test memory on the Windows Server-based computer, you can change the registry to enable Memory Diagnostic. To do this, follow these steps.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Log on to the Windows Server-based computer by using administrator credentials.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Expand the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\OffDiag
- Click OffDiag, and then locate the DoNotTestMemory entry in the right pane.
- Right-click DoNotTestMemory, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, delete 1, type 0 (zero), and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Article ID: 924284 - Last Review: Jun 3, 2011 - Revision: 1