- The URL of the Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP in the Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Administration.Exceptions.dll.config file is not entered correctly.
Note See resolution 1.
- The Enable anonymous access check box is selected for the DynamicsGPWebServices virtual directory.
Note See resolution 2.
- There is an invalid character in the WSExceptionLog table.
Note See resolution 3.
Resolution 1To enter the correct URL of the Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP, follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Administration.Exceptions.dll.config file by using a text editor. This file is located in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Microsoft Dynamics\ManagementConsole
- In the file, locate the URL of the Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Determine whether the URL is correct. To do this, test the URL in Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- If the URL is incorrect, change the URL of the Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP in the file.
The following code sample contains the correct format for the URL.
<appSettings> <add key="DynamicsGPServiceURL" value="http://<computer_name>:80/DynamicsGPWebServices/DynamicsGPService.asmx" /> </appSettings>
- An IP address is assigned to the Web site.
- Other Web sites are running on the same port number. However, these Web sites use different IP addresses.
Resolution 2To remove anonymous authentication from the DynamicsGPWebServices virtual directory, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the computer name, and then expand the Web Sites folder.
- Expand the Web site in which the Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP are installed.
- Right-click the DynamicsGPWebServices virtual directory, and then click Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab, and then click to clear the Enable anonymous access check box.
- Make sure that the Integrated Windows Authentication check box is selected.
Resolution 3To check for and remove invalid characters from the WSExceptionLog table, follow these steps:
- Click Start , point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or to Microsoft SQL Server 2008, and then click SQL Server Management Studio.
- In the Connect to Server window, follow these steps:
- In the Server name box, type the name of the server that is running SQL Server.
- In the Authentication box, click SQL Authentication.
- In the Login box, type sa.
- In the Password box, type the password for the sa user, and then click Connect.
- Click the New Query button.
- Type and then run the following script:select * from DYNAMICS..WSExceptionLog where ExceptionMessage like '%invalid character%'
- If any records are returned in step 4, type and then run the following script to remove them:delete DYNAMICS..WSExceptionLog where ExceptionMessage like '%invalid character%'