On the Windows Server 2003-based domain controller, events that resemble the following are logged in the File Replication Service (FRS) log.
Event 2In this scenario, you cannot replicate files on the Windows Server 2003-based domain controller that contains these entries.
To work around this problem, restore the SYSVOL data from a domain controller that can replicate files to the domain controller that cannot replicate files. Use the non-authoritative method to restore this data.For more information about how to rebuild SYSVOL data, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Back up the following folders in a temporary location that is not in the SYSVOL folder:
Note To retain the permissions for these folders, back up these folders in a location that is on the same volume as the SYSVOL folder.
- Perform a non-authoritative restore on this replica set. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:net stop ntfrs
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Parameters\Backup/Restore\Process at Startup
- Right-click the BurFlags entry, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type D2, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:net start ntfrs
Article ID: 925633 - Last Review: Mar 15, 2008 - Revision: 1