- You receive the following error message:An internal application error has occurred
- Windows Media Player does not start.
- Some Windows Media Player user interface (UI) elements are blank. For example, user-defined menus are blank.
Fix it for me
Fix this problemlink. Then click
File Downloaddialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.
NoteThis wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
NoteIf you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD so that you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
- The component registration for the Jscript.dll file or for the VBScript.dll file is corrupted.
- One or both files have become unregistered.
- Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.
- Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.