You have Adobe Acrobat 6.x or a later version of Adobe Acrobat installed. After you upgrade to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, you experience one of the following symptoms:
- Acrobat PDF functionality is missing in Outlook 2007.
- Outlook 2007 closes unexpectedly when you try to send or open an e-mail item. If this symptom occurs, you may receive the following error message: Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.Additionally, the error report contains an error signature that resembles the following:Note Application versions, module names, module versions, and offset values may vary.
Application name Application version Module name Module version Offset Outlook.exe 12.0.3111.1010 Kernel32.dll 5.1.2600.2180 0001eb33
- When you try to send an e-mail message in Outlook 2007, you receive the following error message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
This issue may occur because the version of Adobe Acrobat that you have installed is incompatible with Outlook 2007. For example, Outlook 2007 automatically disables Adobe Acrobat functionality if you have Adobe Acrobat 6 or Adobe Acrobat 8 installed.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Upgrade to Adobe Acrobat 7.0.7 or a later version of Adobe AcrobatFor more information about how to upgrade, visit the following Adobe Web site: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
Method 2: Disable Acrobat PDFMaker integration for OutlookIf you have a different version of Adobe Acrobat or if method 1 does not resolve the issue, disable the Acrobat PDFMaker integration for Outlook. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit all programs.
- Use the following step as appropriate for your situation:
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
Click Start, click Control Panel, switch to Classic View, and then double-click Programs and Features.
- Under Currently installed programs and updates, click your version of Adobe Acrobat, and then click Change.
- Click Next.
- Click Modify, and then click Next.
- Expand Create Adobe PDF.
- Expand Acrobat PDFMaker.
- Click the icon next to Microsoft Outlook, and then click This feature will not be available.
- Click Next.
- Click Update.