- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
The MUI Language Packs run only on MUI versions of Windows, in which the Windows interface can appear in multiple languages. If you are running an MUI version of Windows, first install the English-language version of Windows PowerShell 1.0 and then install the MUI Language Pack for Windows PowerShell 1.0.
Windows PowerShell includes the following features:
- More than 130 command-line tools ("cmdlets") that you can use to perform common system administration tasks. These tasks include managing services, managing processes, managing event logs, managing certificates, modifying the registry, and using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- Command-line tools that are easy to learn and easy to use. These tools have standard naming conventions and common parameters. The tools also include simple tools to sort, to filter, and to format data and objects.
- Support for existing scripting languages, for existing command-line tools, and for multiple versions of Windows. These versions include Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008.
- Features that let users browse data stores as if they were file systems. These data stores include the registry and certificate stores.
- Standard utilities for managing Windows data in different stores and formats. These stores and formats include Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), COM objects, ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), HTML, and XML.
- Sophisticated expression parsing and manipulation of objects in the .NET Framework at the command line. This manipulation includes the pipelining of objects to help IT professionals work more efficiently and effectively.
- An extensible interface that enables independent software vendors and enterprise developers to build custom cmdlets. You can use custom cmdlets to meet unique application and system administration requirements.
Windows PowerShell Blog
Windows PowerShell SDK
MUI Language Pack detailsThe MUI Language Pack provides a user interface for Windows PowerShell 1.0 in the following languages:
- Windows x86-based versions Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian
- Windows x64-based versions Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish
- WindowsItanium-based versions French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish
Installation sequenceEach version of Windows PowerShell 1.0 is associated with a version-specific MUI language pack. The MUI interface works correctly only when you have the same versions of the Windows PowerShell program and the MUI Language Pack.
If you have any other versions of Windows PowerShell 1.0 on the computer, uninstall the MUI language pack and the other version of Windows PowerShell 1.0 before you install the new version and the new MUI language pack. The installation program for the Windows PowerShell 1.0 MUI language pack fails if the system does not have all the required programs, or if it has any other version of the Windows PowerShell 1.0 MUI language pack.
To install the Windows PowerShell 1.0 MUI Language Pack, follow these steps:
- Uninstall any other Windows PowerShell 1.0 MUI language packs.
- Uninstall any other versions of Windows PowerShell 1.0.
- Install the English version of Windows PowerShell 1.0.
- Install the Windows PowerShell 1.0 MUI language pack.
Installation foldersThe resource files for each language are installed in the following directories.
On 32-bit versions of Windows, the language-specific resource files for the MUI Language Pack are installed in the following folder:
By default, the language resource files for both the 32-bit versions and 64-bit versions of Windows PowerShell are installed in the following locations on 64-bit versions of Windows:
- The 64-bit version of Windows PowerShell is installed in the following folder: %windir%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\V1.0\<locale>
- The 32-bit version of Windows PowerShell is installed in the following folder: %windir%\Syswow64\WindowsPowerShell\V1.0\<locale>
- Windows Server 2003 with SP1 or Windows XP with SP2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (2.0.50727)
- Windows PowerShell 1.0 (RTW), English-language version
Restart requirementsYou do not have to restart the computer after you install the Windows PowerShell 1.0 MUI Language Pack.
Download the Windows PowerShell MUI Language PackTo download the MUI Language Pack for Windows PowerShell 1.0 (RTW), select the language pack for your version of Windows. The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
Windows XP, x86-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows XP-x86 MUI package now.
Windows XP, x64-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows XP-x64 MUI package now.
Windows Server 2003, x86-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows Server 2003-x86 MUI package now.
Windows Server 2003, x64-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows Server 2003-x64 MUI package now.
Windows Server 2003, Itanium-based versionsDownload the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Windows Server 2003-ia64 MUI package now.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
File informationThe following files are installed together with MUI Language Pack:
Article ID: 926141 - Last Review: Nov 15, 2012 - Revision: 1