Note Sometimes, it can take 30 minutes or more to install Internet Explorer 7. However, this article describes a situation in which the installation program never finishes.
Note Before you install Windows Internet Explorer 7, make sure that your computer meets the requirements for installing Windows Internet Explorer 7. To view the requirements for installing Windows Internet Explorer 7, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Double-click the Windows Internet Explorer installation program. If you are prompted, click Run.
Note To download Windows Internet Explorer 7, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- On the Welcome to Windows Internet Explorer 7 page of the installation program, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, and then click I Accept.
If you do not accept the terms of the license agreement, we recommend that you do not click I Accept.
- Click Validate to validate the Windows installation.
- On the Get the latest updates page of the installation program, click to clear the Install the latest updates for Internet Explorer and the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (recommended) check box, and then click Next.
- When the installation program finishes, click Restart Now (Recommended) to restart the computer.
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Type the text of the error message that you received or a description of the problem in the Search Support (KB) text box, and then press ENTER.
Article ID: 926716 - Last Review: Jun 10, 2008 - Revision: 1