If you see "Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component" when you install Office 2010 or 2007 or one of the Office stand-alone products like Excel, restart the computer and try to run setup again as a quick first step.
If the error still appears after restarting the computer, try these other methods to fix the problem:
Run the System Update Readiness tool
Repair or update Microsoft .NET Framework components
Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework components
Need More Help?
Get help from the Microsoft Community online community, search for more information on Microsoft Support or Office Help and How To, or learn more about Assisted Support options.
For related information about the 1935 error, read Error 1935 during install of the .NET Framework.
You may experience error 1935 when you install Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2). As Office 2010 includes .NET Programmability Support, this issue may be caused by the interference between Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) and Windows Search (SearchIndexer.exe) or another module in the assembly file copy process. This issue may also occur when you apply other updates, for example, a hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework components. To work around this issue, use one of the following steps:
- Method 1: Retry installation of Office 2010 SP2
- Method 2: Stop Windows Search Service, and apply Office 2010 SP2
To stop Windows Search Service, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type services.msc in the Search programs and files text box, and then click services.msc in the search results.
- In the list of services, right-click Windows Search, and then click Stop.
- Method 3: Perform a clean startup, and apply Office 2010 SP2
- Method 4: Install all available updates by using Microsoft Update and apply Office 2010 SP2