Note This problem may also occur when you use the following products:
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) together with the Windows Server 2003 Scalable Networking Pack
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 or ISA Server 2006
- Other add-on Firewall or network address translation (NAT) software
This problem may also occur if the IP source address, the IP destination address, the TCP source port, or the TCP destination port are modified during receive processing. These addresses and ports are provided in the TCP and IP headers for the connection. This problem may occur in some NAT scenarios.
To work around this problem, disable Receive Side Scaling when the computer is configured as an Internet Connection Sharing gateway. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
- On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then type EnableRSS.
- Double-click EnableRSS, type 0, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer on which you changed the EnableRSS value.
Article ID: 927695 - Last Review: Mar 15, 2008 - Revision: 1