- You use the Windows Vista Get Connected Wizard to connect a Windows Vista-based computer to a destination network.
- The user name and password that is configured in the network connection is saved for all users. For example, when you create the network connection, you click to select the Allow other people to use this connection check box.
- The password for the network connection expires on the destination network.
- You receive the following error message:Cannot delete saved password.
Error 5: Access is denied.
- The new password is updated on the destination network. However, the new password is not saved in Windows Vista. Therefore, you must enter the new password again when you try to reconnect to the destination network.
- Click Start, type network and sharing in the Start Search box, and then click Network and Sharing Center in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
- In the Tasks pane, click Connect to a network, click the network connection that you want to configure, and then click Connect.
- In the Connect NetworkName dialog box, click [To change the saved password, click here], and then type the updated password.
- Click to select the Save this user name and password for the following users check box, click Anyone who uses this computer, and then type an administrator password or click Continue when you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation.
- Click Connect.
Article ID: 927831 - Last Review: Oct 22, 2008 - Revision: 1