This article helps you work around this problem.
- The Windows Vista-based print server is in a workgroup.
- You log on to a client Windows Vista-based computer by using credentials that include administrative rights for the Windows Vista-based print server in the workgroup.
- From the client computer, you remotely connect to the Windows Vista-based print server.
To have us change the registry for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you would rather change the registry yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo work around this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link, click Run in the File Download dialog box, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD. Then, you can run this fix on the computer that has the problem.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
- Expand the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
- Click System, right-click LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this article. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- 0 = build filtered token. This is the default value. The administrator credentials are removed. These credentials are required for remote administration of the print drivers.
- 1 = build elevated token. This value enables the remote administration of the print drivers on a server within a workgroup.