- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update Web site now:
- IT professionals:
Known issues with this security update
- ActiveX controls that prompt before they are loaded
Note This issue occurs on Web sites that do not use the recommended techniques. This issue is resolved by using the techniques that are described on the following Microsoft Web site:
- Using monikers is no longer supported in Internet Explorer. For more information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 906294 The use of monikers is no longer supported in Internet Explorer after installing the security updates provided by cumulative security update 910620 (MS06-004)
Non-security-related fixes that are included in this security updateIndividual updates may be installed, depending on the operating system and affected application versions. Please view the individual articles to determine your update status.
General distribution release (GDR) fixes
- 928089 The computer may respond very slowly as the Phishing Filter evaluates Web page contents in Internet Explorer 7
- 926046 FIX: Error message when you run a script on a Web page after you apply security update MS06-042 on a Windows XP-based computer or on a Windows Server 2003-based computer: "Permission denied"
- 927357 FIX: The configuration program for an application does not run and the RunOnceEx registry key is cleared when you restart a computer that is running Internet Explorer 7
- 925683 FIX: In Internet Explorer 6, the OnChange event in a field does not occur when you change the "ß" character to "ss" characters, or when you change "ss" characters to the "ß" character
- 928387 Internet Explorer 6 appears to stop responding after you click a link on a Web site
- 925418 FIX: Error message when you run Internet Explorer 6 on a computer that is running Windows XP: "Runtime Error"
- 928492 FIX: The authentication of the user name and of the password may fail when you try to log on to a Web site that uses Windows Live ID on a computer that is running Internet Explorer 6
- 930228 A truncated or changed version of the original file name appears in the "Save As" dialog box in Windows Internet Explorer 7
- 925973 FIX: The progress bar displays activity even after data is returned from the server when you submit a form to an iframe object in Internet Explorer 6
- 924764 Internet Explorer 6 stops responding when you try to print a Web page or try to view a print preview of a Web page on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer
HotfixesSecurity update 928090 packages for Windows XP and for Windows Server 2003 include Internet Explorer hotfix files and general distribution release (GDR) files. If no existing Internet Explorer files are from the hotfix environment, security update 928090 will install the GDR files. Hotfixes are intended to correct only the problems that are described in the Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that are associated with the hotfixes. Apply hotfixes only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems. These hotfixes may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains these hotfixes.For more information about how to install the hotfixes that are included in security update 928090, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about how to determine whether your existing Internet Explorer files are from the hotfix or from the GDR environment, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 928090 - Last Review: Jun 20, 2014 - Revision: 1