A new version of Firewall Client for ISA Server is available. This version is supported for installation on client computers that are running Windows Vista.
OverviewFirewall Client for ISA Server can be installed on client computers that access Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server. Firewall Client for ISA Server provides enhanced security features, application support, and access control for client computers. This program also provides the following functionality:
- Authentication for Winsock applications that use TCP and UDP
- Support for complex secondary protocols
- User and application information for the ISA Server logs
Note ISA Server lets you configure automatic discovery for firewall client computers by using a Web Proxy Automatic Discovery (WPAD) entry in DNS or in DHCP. By this method, ISA Server obtains Web proxy settings that correspond to the clients' respective locations.
New featuresThe following features are new in this version of Firewall Client for ISA Server:
- Support for client computers that are running Windows Vista
- Software updates that improve the security and stability of Firewall Client for ISA Server
Supported operating systemsThis version of Firewall Client for ISA Server can be installed on 32-bit and 64-bit computers that are running any of the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 2000
Download informationTo download Firewall Client for ISA Server, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 929556 - Last Review: Jun 21, 2014 - Revision: 1