Microsoft Management Console has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Additionally, an event message that resembles the following may be logged in the Application log:This problem only occurs when either of the following conditions is true:
- The computer does not have Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) installed.
- The computer has IIS installed. However, IIS is not started. In this scenario, you may receive the same MMC error message. However, the error message details may indicate that the faulting module is Ntdll.dll instead of Hipobjects.dll.
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Host Integration Server 2006. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
32-bit (x86) version
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
64-bit (x64) version
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform||SP requirement||Service branch|
Steps to reproduce the problemTo view the properties of a TI object in TI Manager, follow these steps:
- If you installed Host Integration Server 2006, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Host Integration Server 2006, and then click TI Manager.
If you installed Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems instead of Host Integration Server 2006, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems, and then click TI Manager.
- To list the TI objects that have been added in TI Manager, expand Transaction Integrator, expand Windows-Initiated Processing, and then click Objects.
- To view the properties for a TI object, right-click a TI object, and then click Properties.
The problem that is described in this article occurs after you click Properties or shortly after the Properties dialog box appears.