Service pack details
Issues that the service pack fixesService Pack 4 for Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update and for Small Business Accounting 2006 fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Application compatibility between Windows Vista and Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager
Note Small Business Accounting 2006 and Windows Vista are not compatible. If you are running Windows Vista, upgrade to Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2007.
- Application compatibility between Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update and Office Accounting 2007
Previously released updates that this service pack includesService Pack 4 for Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update and for Small Business Accounting 2006 includes the following previously released updates:
How to obtain and to install the service packThe client and administrative service packs, installation instructions, and deployment strategies are located in the Microsoft Download Center. To download this service pack from the Microsoft Download Center, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to determine whether the service pack is installedThe service pack contains files that have the versions that are listed in the following table.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
To determine the version of the files that are installed, search the hard disk drive. To do this, follow these steps.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Search.
- In the Search Results pane, click All files and folders under Search Companion.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type the file name, and then click Search.
- In the list of files, right-click the file that you want to verify, and then click Properties.
- On the Version tab, verify the version of the file.
Information for administrators about .msp filesService Pack 4 for Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update and for Small Business Accounting 2006 consists of a full-file Microsoft Windows Installer (.msp) file that is packaged in a self-extracting executable file.
The following .msp file is distributed in this service pack:
To view the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 930954 - Last Review: Jul 27, 2012 - Revision: 1