Error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
- This is a new installation of the SoftGrid Client, and McAfee antivirus software is installed locally.
As soon as the SoftGrid Client is rebooted, the SoftGrid Client service successfully starts.
This problem is corrected in version 188.8.131.52 and in later versions of the SoftGrid Client.
- The Icon Cache folder does not exist. This problem can occur when the Icon Cache folder was manually removed.
The Icon Cache folder does not exist
To resolve this problem, follow these steps in the SoftGrid Client.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate and then click the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Softricity\SoftGrid Client\CurrentVersion\Configuration
- Modify the String Value (REG_SZ) value that is named GlobalDataDirectory.
- Note the path that s specified in the Value Data box.
- In the Edit String dialog box, click Cancel, and then exit Registry Editor.
- In Windows Explorer, open the path that you noted in step 4.
- If the Icon Cache folder does not exist, create the folder.
- Close Windows Explorer, and then start the SoftGrid Client service.
Article ID: 931096 - Last Review: May 4, 2007 - Revision: 1