- The Recipient Type Status column in the Exchange Management Console displays LegacyMailbox instead of
- Exchange 2007 mailbox tasks are not available for the affected mailbox.
For example, the option to enable Exchange Server 2007 features or the option to Exchange Server 2010 features is not present in the mailbox properties. For example, the Enable Unified Messaging option is not present.
- If you try to enable an Exchange 2007 mailbox feature or you try to enable an Exchange 2010 mailbox feature by using the Exchange Management Shell, the operation fails. Additionally, you receive an error message at the command prompt.
For example, if you try to enable the Unified Messaging feature in the Exchange Command Shell, you receive the following error message at the command prompt:Enable-UMMailbox : Property UMEnabledFlags cannot be set on this object because it requires the object to have version 0.1
(8.0.535.0) or later. Current version of the object is 0.0 (6.5.6500.0)
- The mailbox was created in the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in on a server that was running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
- The mailbox was moved to an Exchange Server 2007 server or an Exchange Server 2010 server .
For more information about the Set-Mailbox command, visit the following Microsoft TechNet Web site:
Article ID: 931747 - Last Review: Dec 7, 2009 - Revision: 1