When you install Analysis Cubes for Excel in Microsoft Dynamics GP, you receive the following error message:
Specified cast is not valid.This problem occurs when the "Analysis Cubes for Dynamics GP Configuration Wizard" creates the Data Transformation System (DTS) packages.
This problem occurs for one of the following reasons.
Cause 1One or more .dll files are unregistered. See Resolution 1 in the "Resolution" section.
Cause 2One or more .dll files are missing or corrupted. See Resolution 2 in the "Resolution" section.
Resolution 1To resolve this problem, register the MSXML3.dll file and the MSXML6.dll file in the Windows\System32 folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click one of the .dll files, and then click Open With.
- In the Open With dialog box, click Open With.
- Select the Select the program from a list option, and then click OK.
- Click Browse, open the C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe file, click Open, and then click OK.
- A dialog box appears that states that the .dll file succeeded.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 in this section for the other .dll file.
Resolution 2To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Download and then install Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0 Service Pack 5 (SP5) or a later service pack. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4A3AD088-A893-4F0B-A932-5E024E74519F&displaylang=enNote The file that you download is named Msxml3.msi.
- Download and then install Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=993c0bcf-3bcf-4009-be21-27e85e1857b1&DisplayLang=enNote The file that you download is named Msxml6.msi.
Article ID: 932316 - Last Review: Apr 13, 2016 - Revision: 1
Analysis Cubes for Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains 8.0