Windows Media Services 9 Series has support for RTSP-enabled clients. Windows Media Services 9 Series allows for legacy clients to connect by using the MMS protocol.
If you cannot upgrade, you must enable the HTTP protocol for Windows Media Services 4.1. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Media administration console. To do this, click Start, click Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click Windows Media.
- In the navigation pane, click Server Properties under Configure Server.
- In the topic pane, click the HTTP Streaming and Distribution tab.
- Click one of the following, depending on the type of distribution that you want to use:
- Windows Media Unicast
- Windows Media Station
- Click Apply, and then close Windows Media Administrator.
- Restart the server.
When you enable HTTP, a port conflict with IIS may cause an error if Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is installed on the same server as Windows Media Services. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 932756 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3