- When you start the computer, no operating system is found. Additionally, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:No Operating System (OS) FoundThis problem may occur even though the computer has been operating correctly for some time. For example, the computer may have been operating for hours, for days, or for weeks. When you examine the NTFS file system boot sector, the NTFS boot record may have been moved by a multiple of 4 bytes.
- Random data corruption may affect any files on the computer.
- picture files
- image files
- movie files
- data files
- encrypted files
- NVIDIA Corporation driver update for NVIDIA MCP61 Serial ATA Controller
- NVIDIA Corporation driver update for NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller
- NVIDIA Corporation driver update for NVIDIA nForce 590/570/550 Serial ATA Controller
- NVIDIA Corporation driver update for NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller
Alternatively, contact NVIDIA to obtain a driver update that resolves this problem. For information about your hardware manufacturer, visit the following Web site:Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 932932 - Last Review: Jun 21, 2014 - Revision: 1