Your activation period has expired and Windows is no longer working.
To use Windows you must activate this copy of Windows.
- In the Activate Windows Now pop-up message that appears when you first log on to Windows Vista, click Retype your product key.
- When you are prompted to accept the specified user name, click OK.
- Type the product key, and then click Next.
Note You can locate the product key on the Windows Vista CD sleeve or on the Windows Vista CD case.
- To use the Automated phone system activation option, click Show me other ways to activate.
- For more information about the Windows Vista activation process, click Read our privacy statement.
- In the Windows Activation dialog box, click Read our privacy statement. Internet Explorer 7 starts.
- In Internet Explorer 7, click Help, and then click About Internet Explorer 7.
- To determine the PID, view the Product Key line.
Article ID: 933175 - Last Review: Oct 22, 2008 - Revision: 1