- Home users:
- IT professionals:
Additional information about this security update
- If you have multiple versions of Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) installed, you may have to apply multiple packages for this security update. Additionally, if you install a version of MSXML after you apply this security update, you may have to apply an additional package for this security update. For more information about the different MSXML versions that are available or that are included with various Microsoft products or software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:269238 List of Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) versions
- Security update package 933579 for MSXML 6.0 is a complete installation package. You can use this package to install MSXML 6.0 on a computer that has no earlier versions of MSXML 6.0 installed. You can also use this package to update an existing installation of MSXML 6.0.
- Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 Inventory Tool for Microsoft Updates only offer security update package 933579 if an earlier version of MSXML 6.0 is already installed on the computer.
- This security update is installed in the %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32 folder.
- When you remove security update 933579 for MSXML 6.0, MSXML 6.0 is completely removed from the computer.
- To apply this security update in quiet mode together with verbose logging and without restarting the computer, use a command-line command that resembles the following:
- For x86-based computers:msxml6-KB933579-enu-x86.exe /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v c:\KB933579.log
- For IA-64-based computers:msxml6-KB933579-enu-ia64.exe /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v c:\KB933579.log
- For AMD64-based computers:msxml6-KB933579-enu-amd64.exe /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v c:\KB933579.log
- For x86-based computers:
Article ID: 933579 - Last Review: Jun 21, 2014 - Revision: 1