Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision 4.0 and Microsoft Navision 4.0 are now part of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0. All references to Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision or to Microsoft Navision 4.0 relate to Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
This article applies to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 for all countries and all language locales.
A hotfix rollup that resolves the following platform-related problems is available for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 Service Pack 3:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 ignores the value in the Backcolor field. Therefore, no background color is used in a label on a list form. However, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 Help states that the value in the Backcolor field applies to labels.
- When you restore a Microsoft SQL Server database in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0, you receive the following error message if the backup contains a large value in a binary large object (BLOB) field: There is not enough memory to execute this function.
- When you add a user ID to the Windows Login list in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and then click Synchronize Single Login, the user ID is not created in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 with Service Pack 1. Therefore, you cannot log in to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 by using this user ID.
- If you right-click the No. field in the Customer Card dialog box while you are creating a new item, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 crashes. Additionally, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Business Solutions has stopped working. Windows is collecting more information about the problems.
- When you open the Find dialog box, the Match Case check box is unavailable.
Note The Match Case check box only affects searches when the type of the fields that you are searching is set to "Code."
- When you right-click the Database Name field in the Open Database dialog box, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 crashes.
Hotfix rollup informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. The hotfix corrects the problem that is described in this article. Apply the hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Technical Support for Microsoft Dynamics and related products to obtain the hotfix. You can log on to the Microsoft Dynamics site and create a new support request. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Technical Support Professional for Microsoft Dynamics and related products determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to any additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
If you are a customer and if you do not have a Premier Support Agreement with Microsoft, you must contact your partner to obtain this hotfix.
PrerequisitesYou must have the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 Service Pack 3 platform update rollup installed to apply this hotfix.For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
931841 The Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 Service Pack 3 platform update rollup is available
Removal informationYou cannot remove this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix rollup has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Platform update for microsoft dynamics nav my 4.0 sp3 (kb933727).exe||220.127.116.11849||4,264,592||13-Mar-2007||17:29||x86|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 933727 - Last Review: Jan 30, 2017 - Revision: 2