Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
To clear the multiple monitor configuration of a computer that is running Windows Vista, delete the following registry subkey:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
- Locate the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC\TMM
- Right-click the subkey that you located in step 2. Then, click Delete.
- When you are prompted to confirm the delete operation, click Yes.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
- Log off the computer. Then, log on to the computer.
Article ID: 934552 - Last Review: Sep 23, 2011 - Revision: 1