Operation: Agent Install
Install account: account_name
Error Code: 80072971
Error description: Unknown error 0x80072971
Note You may also experience this problem when you try to remove a management agent from a remote computer. If you experience this problem when you try to remove the management agent from a remote computer, Agent Uninstall appears next to Operation in the error message.
- On the remote computer, click Start, click Run, type %windir%, and then click OK.
- Double-click the 422C3AB1-32E0-4411-BF66-A84FEEFCC8E2 folder. Typically, the following files and folders are located in this folder:
- The InstallHelpers folder
- The x86 folder
- The LockTimeFile.txt file
- The MOMAgent.msi file
- The MOMAgentInstaller.exe file
- The MOMAgentInstallerPS.dll file
- If a management agent installation is currently not queued in Operations Manager 2007, remove the LockTimeFile.txt file. To do this, right-click LockTimeFile.txt, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm the removal of this file.
Article ID: 934760 - Last Review: Mar 27, 2007 - Revision: 1