- Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete two times on the Welcome screen to retrieve the standard Windows logon dialog box.
- Log on by using the administrator account logon information.
- Click Start, click Log Off, and then click Log off in the Log Off Windows dialog box.
- Log on by using the available user account.
How to make the administrator account visible on the Welcome screenWarning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To make the administrator account visible on the Welcome screen, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then press ENTER
- Locate and then click the following registry key:HKLM_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type Administrator.
- Right-click the Administrator registry entry, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
Article ID: 935021 - Last Review: Jul 23, 2007 - Revision: 1