- Access appears to stop responding.
- Access responds very slowly.
- Access exits unexpectedly or crashes.
- An event that resembles the following is logged in the Application log: Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Description: The program MSACCESS.EXE version Version_Number stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: Process_ID Start Time: Hexadecimal_Time Termination Time: Hexadecimal_Time
- All data in tables and queries shows as "#Name?"
- You no longer see any objects in the navigation pane.
- The database that you are using is a shared database that resides on a Windows Vista-based computer.
- Two or more Windows Vista-based computers are trying to use the database at the same time.
- Install Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
For more information about Windows Vista Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:935791 How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
- Apply the hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 935366.
For more information about this hotfix, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:935366 Access may stop responding when you open a remote database