Consider the following scenario. You use Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 to customize the NewForm.aspx page of a list in a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 site or in a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site. Then, you connect to the list by using a Web browser. In this scenario, you experience the following symptoms:
- If you click New to create a new item in the list, you receive the following message:Invalid page URL:
- If you click an existing item in the list, you receive the following error message:An unexpected error has occurred
This issue occurs if you deleted the List Form Web Part from the NewForm.aspx page.
To resolve this issue, delete the list, and then re-create it. Then, customize the NewForm.aspx page. When you customize the NewForm.aspx page, make sure that you do not delete the List Form Web Part.
If you want to customize the controls that appear on the NewForm.aspx page, and if you do not want to show the default List Form Web Part, you can hide the List Form Web Part. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start SharePoint Designer 2007, and then open the NewForm.aspx page for the list.
- Right-click the List Form Web Part, and then click Web Part Properties.
- Expand Layout, click to select the Hidden check box, and then click OK.
Article ID: 935504 - Last Review: May 15, 2008 - Revision: 1