The set of languages that Setup can use is larger than the set of languages in which the specific product is available. Setup tries to install the English ShellUI.mst file that matches the English "Setup user experience." However, Setup fails because the ShellUI.mst file is not included in the product that is being installed.
This issue occurs in the following language versions of 2007 Office Select:
- Chinese (Hong Kong)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
Method 1: Change the User LocaleChange the User Locale to the language of the product that you want to install before you run Setup.
To do this, double-click the Regional and Language Options item in Control Panel, and then click the Regional Options tab.
Setup will then match that language, and it will install the correct language version of ShellUI.mst.
Method 2: Edit the custom Config.xml fileEdit the custom Config.xml file with which you install the 2007 Office suite or individual program. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the core product folder, locate the custom Config.xml file.
- Open the Config.xml file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
- Find the <AddLanguage> element, and then delete the opening tag (<!--) and the closing tag (-->).
- Set the value of the Id attribute to the language tag that corresponds to the language that you want to install. You can specify more than one language by including additional <AddLanguage> elements and attributes.
- Specify which language to use for the shell user interface by setting the <ShellTransform> attribute of the <AddLanguage> element.
For example, to specify that Setup install the Chinese (Hong Kong) version of a 2007 Office suite, and to specify Chinese (Hong Kong) as the default installation language, add the following elements.
<AddLanguage Id="zh-hk" ShellTransform="yes" />
Article ID: 935683 - Last Review: Mar 7, 2008 - Revision: 1