This problem occurs when one or more USB composite devices that support selective suspension are installed.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
How to enable the hotfixWarning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
After you apply this hotfix, follow these steps to enable the hotfix for the USB composite device:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_<XXXX>&Pid_<XXXX>\<InstanceID>\Device ParametersNote Vid_<XXXX> is the vendor ID of the device. Pid_<XXXX> is the product ID of the device. <InstanceID> is the instance ID of the device.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type IdleCompletionAsyncPowerIrp, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- Type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 935892 - Last Review: Oct 8, 2011 - Revision: 1