When this issue occurs, the following event messages may be logged every five minutes in the domain controllers' Application logs.
Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) Dfs Utility Version 4.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1991-2001. All Rights Reserved.
Entry: \ contoso.com \sysvol
ShortEntry: \ contoso.com \sysvol
Expires in 300 seconds
UseCount: 0 Type:0x11 ( OUTSIDE_MY_DOM DFS )
0:[\ dc1.contoso.com\sysvol ] State:0x21 ( )
1:[\ dc2.contoso.com\sysvol ] State:0x21 ( )
DfsUtil command completed successfully.
- Click Start, type domain.msc, and then click OK to open Active Directory Domains and Trusts.
- In the console tree, right-click the domain that contains the trust entries that you want to remove, and then click Properties.
- Click the Trusts tab, click the trust entry for a domain controller that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to remove the trust entry for the domain.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for other domain controller trust entries.
- Click OK to close the domain properties dialog box.
- Exit Active Directory Domains and Trusts.
- Restart all the domain controllers for which you removed the trust entries.
Article ID: 935918 - Last Review: Jan 4, 2008 - Revision: 1