- The results of a Stop error message vary according to the computer's system failure settings.
- The parameters within the parentheses of the technical information for the Stop error message may vary according to the computer's configuration.
Method 1Disconnect the fiber channel cable.
Method 2Use the Recovery Console to disable the Elxsli2.sys driver.
Note To perform this procedure, you must be logged on to the computer by using administrative credentials. Or you must be a member of the Administrators group. However, if your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from completing this procedure.
To use the Recovery Console to disable the Elxsli2.sys driver, follow these steps:
- Configure the computer to start from the CD drive or from the DVD drive. For more information about how to do this, see the computer documentation, or contact the computer manufacturer.
- Insert the Windows Server 2003 CD in the computer's CD drive or DVD drive.
- Restart the computer.
- When you are prompted to press any key to start from the CD, press a key to start the computer from the Windows Server 2003 CD.
- When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press the R key to start the Recovery Console.
- Select the Windows installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen, type the Administrator password, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type disable elxsli2, and then press ENTER.
- Type exit, and then press ENTER to exit the Recovery Console and to restart the computer.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
For more information about how to use the Recovery Console, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 935920 - Last Review: May 26, 2009 - Revision: 1