If you click Cancel, the message reappears the next time that you wake the computer or the next time that you restart the computer. This message occurs if the computer has the Windows Mail gadget for Windows SideShow enabled for one or more SideShow-compatible devices. This message occurs even though you are not using Windows Mail as the default mail program.
Note This is the expected behavior when you are running Windows Mail.
- Windows Mail has been started 100 times.
- The Windows Mail gadget for Windows SideShow has been started 100 times.
Note Assume that the Windows Mail gadget for Windows SideShow is enabled in the Windows SideShow item in Control Panel for one or more SideShow-compatible devices. In this situation, the Windows Mail gadget is started every time that the computer is started and every time that the computer wakes from sleep.
- A combination of Windows Mail startups and Windows Mail gadget startups total 100.
- Click OK to let Windows compact the message store. If you are not regularly using Windows Mail, this will only take a moment to be completed.
- Turn off the Windows Mail gadget if it is not required. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type Windows SideShow in the Start Search box, and then click Windows SideShow in the Programs list.
- Click to clear all the check boxes that correspond to Windows Mail.
Article ID: 936092 - Last Review: Oct 31, 2007 - Revision: 1