- Press and hold the Xbox Guide button until the controller turns on. The Xbox Guide button is the round button with the green "X" located near the center of the controller.
- Press and release the button on the headset receiver. The light will start to flash.
- Press and release the connect button on the controller. The connect button is the small button on the front edge of the controller. The light on the Ring of Light spins and flashes on the controller.
- Up to four controllers can be connected to the receiver at the same time. A different segmented light will be lit for each controller. To connect other controllers, follow the same steps.
- You can connect other Wireless Xbox 360 game devices by using the same process.
- To view the connected controllers or change their properties, click Start, type joy.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
Article ID: 936830 - Last Review: Sep 28, 2011 - Revision: 1