Active Directory could not create the NTDS Settings object for this domain controller CN=NTDS Settings,CN=Server_Name,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=Domain,DC=Domain,DC=Domain on the remote domain controller Domain_Contoller_Name. Ensure the provided network credentials have sufficient permissions.
"The Directory Service cannot perform the requested operation because a domain rename operation is in progress."
- There has been a recent operation to rename the domain.
- This domain-renaming operation has not finished before you use the Active Directory Installation Wizard.
- To obtain the Windows Server 2003 Active Directory "Domain Rename" tools, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- In the Download area, click Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Domain Rename Tools.
- In the File Download - Security Warning dialog box, click Save.
- In the Save in list, click Local Disk (C:), and then click Save.
- In the Download complete dialog box, click Close.
- At a command prompt, type the following commands: CD \C:\domainrename.exe /xNote Press ENTER after each command line.
- In the Choose Directory For Extracted Files box, type C:\rendom, and then click OK.
- At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: C:\rendom\rendom /end
- On the member server, run the Active Directory Installation Wizard.
Article ID: 936918 - Last Review: Jul 16, 2008 - Revision: 1