Microsoft has released service packs for Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and for Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack Service Pack 1. This article contains information about how to obtain the service packs and about how to obtain a list of issues that the service packs fix. Additionally, this article contains information about the issues that you may experience when you install the service packs and about how to determine whether the service packs are installed.
Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1) contain significant security improvements, stability improvements, and performance improvements. Some fixes that are included with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 and with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP1 were previously released in separate updates.
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesA Microsoft Office Excel workbook is available that contains a list of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 issues and the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack issues that are fixed by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 and by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP1.
Note The workbook is in English. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the WindowsSharePointService30_Changes_all.xls package now.
Release Date: December 11, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Issues that the service pack fixesWindows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP1 fix the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
942388 Issues that are fixed in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 1
Known issues that occur during the installation of the service pack
942101 You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office Service Pack 1 packages on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2
942618 The /log command-line switch and the /passive command-line switch do not function as expected when you run the installation package that contains Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 1
942621 The SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard unexpectedly runs when you use quiet mode to install 2007 Microsoft Office System Servers or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and you apply a service pack, an update, or a hotfixThe following hotfixes that were included in an October 2007 security update will be lost when you install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1:
- You rename a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site collection. If you add a new user to the site collection, the welcome e-mail message that the new user receives contains the old site name.
- You use the Application Definition Designer tool to import a database model that is included in the Business Data Catalog Definition Editor tool (BDC tool) of the software development kit (SDK) for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. After the database model is imported, the database connection string is blank.
- When you run SPWriter.exe, the program closes unexpectedly with an error message in the Oleaut32.dll module. This issue was resolved by a hotfix that moved the GetTimeZoneMoveParameters() function to the end of the Owssvr.dll module.
- You migrate user accounts to a new site collection by using the Stsadmin.exe command-line tool. When the new site collection is crawled, you receive event errors 6482 and 6875 in the Application log. This issue may occur when the user's SID in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 is invalid.
- You use a custom template in a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site collection. If you create a new Web page, all the standard Web parts may not be available when you click Add a Web Part.
- When you apply this security update, some third-party services may be incorrectly stopped. If this issue occurs after you apply this security update, you must restart the computer.
- You connect to a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site collection. If the page contains a Calendar Web part that is set to Calendar view, the page may not load completely. This issue may occur if you do not have permission to read the Calendar list.
Known issues that may occur after the service pack is installed
942619 After you apply Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1, an event is logged in the Application log on the server: "User, group, or role 'WSS_Content_Application_Pools' already exists in the current database"
942995 You are prompted unexpectedly to restart the computer after you install a 2007 Office service pack or a 2007 Office update
944447 After you install the 2007 Office System Servers SP1 or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 on a server that has the Foxit PDF IFilter installed, .pdf document types are not indexed
How to obtain and to install the service packsWindows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP1 are located at the Microsoft Download Center. To download the service packs and to obtain installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web sites:
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1, 32-bit edition and 64-bit edition
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP1, 32-bit edition
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP1, 64-bit edition
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1, 64-bit edition
How to determine whether the service pack is installedThe service packs contain files that have the versions that are listed in the following tables.
Note You do not have to install the service pack if you have a later version of the files in the tables.
To determine whether the files in the tables are already installed, follow these steps:
- Start Search Companion. To do this, click Start, and then click Search.
Note If Windows Desktop Search starts, click Click here to use Search Companion.
- In the Search Results window, click All files and folders in the Search Companion pane.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type the name of the file, and then click Search.
- In the list of files, right-click the file that was located, and then click Properties.
- On the General and Version tabs, examine the file properties of the file that is installed on the computer.
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1, 32-bit edition and 64-bit editionStswwsp1.msp
Additionally, the following files are installed when you install the Stswwsp1.msp file.
|File name||File version|
Note Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 32-bit edition and 64-bit edition also include the following .msp file that is included in the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP1 32-bit edition and 64-bit edition packages:
|File name||File version|
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP1, 32-bit edition and 64-bit editionWsslpksp1-en-us.msp
|File name||File version|
|File name||File version|
Information for administrators about .msp filesWindows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack SP1 consist of full-file Microsoft Windows Installer files (.msp files). The .msp files are packaged in a self-extracting executable file. The following .msp files are distributed in these service packs.
|Stswwsp1.msp||Applies to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0|
|Wsswwsp1.msp||Applies to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0|
|Wsslpksp1-en-us.msp||Applies to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack|
|Wssmuisp1-en-us.msp||Applies to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Language Pack|
Article ID: 936988 - Last Review: Feb 16, 2017 - Revision: 2