- The Web listener accepts HTTPS traffic.
- The Web publishing rule or the Web listener requires that all users be authenticated.
- The authentication method transfers credentials without encryption. The following authentication methods all transfer credentials without encryption:
- HTML Forms
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- The Require 128-bit encryption for HTTPS traffic check box is selected on the Traffic tab of the Web publishing rule.
Therefore, if you try to connect to the SSL Web site by using encryption that is weaker than 128-bit encryption, the following behavior occurs when ISA Server processes the SSL request:
- ISA Server prompts you for credentials, and then ISA Server uses the weakly encrypted connection to submit the credentials.
- After you are authenticated successfully, ISA Server verifies the encryption strength of the client connection.
- Because the client connection uses encryption that is weaker than ISA Server requires, ISA Server rejects the connection, and you receive the following error message:Error Code: 403 Forbidden.
The page requires 128-bit encryption, an enhanced security mechanism. To view the page contents, use a browser that supports this enhanced encryption. (12212)
Article ID: 937293 - Last Review: Nov 7, 2008 - Revision: 1