- Download the Microsoft Forefront Client Security definition update file that is appropriate for your version of Windows:
- To download the file for a 32-bit (x86-based) version of Windows, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- To download the file for a 64-bit version of Windows, visit the following Microsoft Web site:NoteYou must be running a 64-bit version of Windows to run a 64-bit version of Microsoft Forefront Client Security. 64-bit versions of Windows include x64-based versions of Windows.
- Click Run to install the definition update file immediately. Or, click Save to save the file to the computer. If you click Save, note where you saved the file.
- To install the saved file, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type the path of the folder where you saved the file, and then click OK.
- Double-click the file, and then click OK.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Note When the definition update file runs, a file extraction dialog box appears. This dialog box indicates that the definition update is installing.
Technical support for x64-based versions of Microsoft WindowsIf your hardware came with a Microsoft Windows x64 edition already installed, your hardware manufacturer provides technical support and assistance for the Windows x64 edition. In this case, your hardware manufacturer provides support because a Windows x64 edition was included with your hardware. Your hardware manufacturer might have customized the Windows x64 edition installation by using unique components. Unique components might include specific device drivers or might include optional settings to maximize the performance of the hardware. Microsoft will provide reasonable-effort assistance if you need technical help with a Windows x64 edition. However, you might have to contact your manufacturer directly. Your manufacturer is best qualified to support the software that your manufacturer installed on the hardware. If you purchased a Windows x64 edition such as a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 edition separately, contact Microsoft for technical support.
For product information about Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 938202 - Last Review: Jan 22, 2008 - Revision: 1