When the FlexGo Activation Wizard is used on a prepaid computer or on a subscription computer, the computers inherit proxy settings from Internet Explorer. If a prepaid computer or a subscription computer that is on a network is behind a proxy server, you must manually configure Internet Explorer proxy server settings on these computers. These settings are required for prepaid computers and for subscription computers to communicate successfully with a FlexGo provisioning server. The Add Computer Use Time Wizard and the Subscription Confirmation Wizard will not work correctly unless the Internet Explorer proxy server settings are configured correctly.
- At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: Inetcpl.cpl
- On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
- Click to clear the Automatically detect settings check box.
- Click to select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box, and then specify the address of the proxy server and the port number.
- Click to select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box.
- Click OK two times.
To acknowledge that a packet has been received, type PLActive /k at a command prompt to send a packet back to the provisioning server.
Article ID: 938347 - Last Review: Dec 27, 2016 - Revision: 1