You find that a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based DHCP server intermittently becomes unauthorized, and an event that resembles the following is logged in the System event log:
This issue may occur if there is an object conflict inside the Active Directory directory service configuration container.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start the Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) Edit MMC snap-in. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type Adsiedit.msc, and then click OK.
- Click Tools, and then click ADSI Edit.
- In the console tree, expand the Configuration container, expand CN=Configuration, expand CN=Services, and then expand CN=NetServices.
- In the details pane, you may find objects that resemble the following:CNF:<GUID>,CN=NetServices,CN=Services,CN=Configuration, domain
- Right-click the objects, and then click Delete.
- Exit the ADSI Edit MMC snap-in.