For more information about Office 2003 Service Pack 3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesA Microsoft Excel workbook is available that contains a list of the Office 2003 issues that are fixed by Office 2003 SP3.
NoteThe workbook is in the English language. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Office2003_SP3Changes.exe package now.
Release Date: September 18, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Fixes in the service pack that require that you configure a registry keyWhen it is appropriate, Microsoft provides fixes that use registry keys. You can use these registry keys to enable, to disable, or to configure the functionality of a fix. By default, some fixes may be disabled. You may have to configure a registry key to enable a fix.
The following articles contain information about the fixes that require that you configure a registry key.
List of issues that the service pack fixesThe following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base describe the issues that are fixed in the individual Office 2003 programs:
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003938790 Issues that are fixed in Excel 2003 by Office 2003 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003938802 Issues that are fixed in Outlook 2003 by Office 2003 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003938801 Issues that are fixed in PowerPoint 2003 by Office 2003 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Office Word 2003938799 Issues that are fixed in Word 2003 by Office 2003 Service Pack 3
Issues that were previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge BaseOffice 2003 SP3 also fixes the issues that are described in the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2003
Microsoft Office Access 2003
Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003
Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003
Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
Issues that were not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base
Office 2003Office 2003 SP3 fixes the following Office 2003 issues that were not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- SendKeys statement fails in Office 2003 applications on a Windows Vista-based computer
When you use the SendKeys statement from Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Office 2003 on a Windows Vista-based computer, you receive the following error message:Runtime error '70': Permission deniedTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003.
- A Document Workspace is not created or merged on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
When you try to create a Document Workspace in Excel 2003, in PowerPoint 2003, or in Word 2003 on a server that is running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or SharePoint Server 2007, the workspace is not created.
Additionally, if you try to merge an Office 2003 Document Workspace to a server that is running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or SharePoint Server 2007, you receive an error message that states that no changes were made or that there are no differences between the two documents.
- You cannot view status information in a shared workspace on a computer that is running Windows Vista
You create a shared workspace on a computer that is running Windows Vista. When you view the Status tab in the Shared Workspace task pane, you receive the following error message:There is no status information at this time.
- The "Serbia and Montenegro" country/region string is changed to "Serbia"
You work in an Office 2003 document that uses a Serbian country/region string. The country/region string may be used such as when you change the language in the Office 2003 document. When the country/region string is used, the string may appear as "Serbia and Montenegro" in earlier versions of Office 2003. This service pack changes the "Serbia and Montenegro" country/region string to "Serbia".
- Basque language text or Ukrainian language text is not added to a custom dictionary
When you try to add Basque language text or Ukrainian language text to a custom dictionary in an Office 2003 program, the text is not added.
- Contact presence information or IM information is not available in Office 2003 programs
You run a presence service or an instant messaging (IM) service on a computer that is running Office 2003. When you work in an Office 2003 program, contact presence information or IM information is not available in the program.
- Office 2003 is now in compliance with the new German Spelling Reform rules
On August 1, 2006, the new German Spelling Reform rules went into effect for Germany, for Switzerland, and for Austria. These rules were proposed by the Council for German Orthography on August 1, 2005, were adopted by the Standing Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK) on March 2, 2006, and were confirmed by the Council of Minister Presidents on March 30, 2006.
Office 2003 SP3 contains a new German spelling checker lexicon for Office 2003 that is in compliance with the new German Spelling Reform rules.
- You receive a "Debug Error" error message when you check the spelling of Basque language text after you upgrade to a 2007 Microsoft Office program
You upgrade an Office 2003 program to a 2007 Office program. Then, you check the spelling of Basque language text in a different installed Office 2003 program such as Word 2003. When you do this, you receive a Debug Error error message.
- Office 2003 is now in compliance with the new Norwegian language guidelines
Office 2003 SP3 contains a new Norwegian spelling checker lexicon for Office 2003 that is in compliance with the new Norwegian language guidelines. These guidelines were updated July 1, 2005.
Proofing Tools 2003Office 2003 SP3 fixes the following Proofing Tools 2003 issue that was not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- You receive an error message when you check the spelling of Portuguese (Brazilian) language text
You have a document that is in an Office 2003 program. The document contains text that is in the Portuguese (Brazilian) language. When you check the spelling of the text that is in the document, you may receive the following error message:The custom dictionary path :\ filename is not availableNote Path :\ filename is a placeholder for the path and the file name of the custom dictionary.
This issue may occur if the text in the custom dictionary contains one or more of the following characters:
- A quotation mark (")
- An exclamation point (!)
- An asterisk (*)
- A question mark (?)
Access 2003Office 2003 SP3 fixes the following Access 2003 issues that were not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- The .ade file is not saved when you open an .adp file in Access 2003 that was saved in Access 2007 and then try to save the project as an .ade file
You save a Microsoft Access project (.adp) file in Microsoft Office Access 2007. If you open the .adp file in Access 2003 and then try to save the Access project as an .ade file, the .ade file is not saved. Additionally, you receive the following error message:The Visual Basic for Applications project in the database is corrupt.
- The screen flickers when you move the mouse pointer over the label of a tab control
When you move the mouse pointer over the label of a tab control in Access 2003, the screen flickers.
- Top-level folder items may appear as list items in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
When you browse in Access 2003 to a computer that is running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, top-level folder items may appear as list items.
- The records of a Microsoft SQL Server database are not returned if Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is installed
In Windows Internet Explorer, you click a URL that has query string parameters to filter the results of a SQL Server database. If the computer that you are using has Office 2003 SP1 installed, a blank page is returned.
If the computer does not have Office 2003 SP1 installed, filtered records of the database are returned as expected.
InfoPath 2003Office 2003 SP3 fixes the following InfoPath 2003 issues that were not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- The picture is not added when you click the picture control to add a picture in an InfoPath 2003 form in Windows Internet Explorer 7
You view an InfoPath 2003 form that contains a picture control in Internet Explorer 7. If you click the picture control to add a picture, the picture is not added. Additionally, you receive the following error message:InfoPath has encountered an error. The operation failed.
- The AutoComplete feature does not work as expected in an InfoPath 2003 form on a computer that is running Windows Vista
You enable the AutoComplete feature in Internet Explorer 7 on a Windows Vista-based computer. Then, you type text in a text box in an InfoPath 2003 form. When you type the same text in another text box, the text is not offered by the AutoComplete feature.
Error signature detailsWhen you use an Office 2003 program, you may receive an error message that resembles the following error message:
|Application name||Application version||Module name||Module version||Offset|
Other program versions, module versions, and offsets are possible.
Article ID: 938792 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4