Additional troubleshooting stepsIf the Conferencing Add-ins menu or the Live Meeting toolbar do not appear in Outlook after you try the steps in the "Resolution" section, follow these additional troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem:
- In Outlook, click Trust Center on the Tools menu.
- In the Trust Center dialog box, click Add-Ins in the navigation pane.
- At the bottom of the details pane, select COM Add-ins in the Manage list.
- Click Go.Note The COM Add-Ins window opens.
- In the Add-Ins available list, make sure that the Microsoft Conferencing Add-ins for Microsoft Office Outlook check box is selected. Then click Add.
- In the Add Add-in window, locate the following file:<installation drive:>\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Live Meeting 8\Addins\LMAddins.dll
- Select the file, and then click OK two times.
- In Windows Explorer, locate the following file, and then open the file in a text editor such as Notepad:%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\LiveMeeting
- Locate the following line:UNEXPECTEDLY failing registry read value 'AuthSecret' with hr=80004005
Note If this error appears consistently in the Microsoft Conferencing Add-ins for Microsoft Office Outlook, this indicates that an attempt to uninstall a previous installation of Live Meeting 2005 Add-Ins has failed.
- To completely remove the Live Meeting 2005 Add-Ins or the Microsoft Conferencing Add-ins for Microsoft Office Outlook, follow the steps in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:938884 - The Live Meeting menu may not appear after you install the Live Meeting 2005 Add-ins for PowerPoint or the Live Meeting 2005 Add-ins for OutlookNote Microsoft Office 2007 does not support the Live Meeting 2005 Add-ins for PowerPoint
- To completely remove the Microsoft Conferencing Add-ins for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, use the information listed in the following Microsoft KB article:2027463 You cannot completely remove the Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 client or the Conferencing add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook by using the Windows installer program
Article ID: 938851 - Last Review: Oct 15, 2012 - Revision: 1