This article describes how to use the "renamesite" operation to change the URL of a host-named site collection to a new URL.
How to obtain the hotfixFor more information about hotfix 939592, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to use the "renamesite" operationTo change the URL of a host-named site collection to a new URL, use the following syntax for the "renamesite" operation at a command prompt:
- The site collection will remain in the same Web application and content database after the change.
- Make sure that the new URL is reachable in the Web application. This includes the protocol scheme, the host name, and the port number.
- The new host-named site collection URL must not already be used as an Alternate Access Mappings URL.
- You cannot use this tool to convert a host-named site collection to a path-based site collection or to convert a path-based site collection to a host-named site collection.
- This tool does not work with a path-based site collection.
Article ID: 939535 - Last Review: Oct 8, 2011 - Revision: 1