- When you try to use Windows Task Scheduler to change the defrag schedule, you may receive the following error message: Transaction support within the specified file system resource manager is not started or was shut down due to an error.
- When you try to change the settings for a file backup operation, you may receive the following error message: File backup could not save your automatic backup settings for the following reason:
Transaction support within the specified file system resource manager is not started or was shut down due to an error. (0x80071A91)
Fix it for me
Note This wizard is temporarily in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD. Then, you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt.
- Click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password, type the password. If you are prompted for confirmation, click Continue.
- At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\Note These steps assume that Windows is installed in the default location, on drive C. If this is not the case, adjust the drive letter of the folder path to match your configuration.
- Restart the computer.