- When you try to synchronize the offline address list in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with cache mode enabled or in Outlook 2007 with cache mode enabled, you receive the following error message in the Sync Issues folder: Microsoft Exchange offline address book
Not downloading Offline address book files. A server (URL) could not be located.
- When you try to synchronize the offline address list in Outlook 2007 without cache mode enabled or in Outlook 2003 without cache mode enabled, you receive the following error message: Task reported error (0x8004010F): ‘The operation failed. An object cannot be found.’
- Start Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
- On the Connections tab, click LAN settings.
- elect the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box, and then click Advanced.
- Type the FQDN of the Exchange 2007 CAS server, and then click OK.
- Restart Outlook.
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Make sure that the offline address list generation server is running Exchange 2007.
- On a client computer, start Internet Explorer, configure one proxy, and then clear the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box.
- In Outlook, try to download the offline address book (OAB).