If your organization has an offline address list generation server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010, you may experience one of the follow issues:
- When you try to synchronize the offline address list in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with cache mode enabled or in Outlook 2007 with cache mode enabled, you receive the following error message in the Sync Issues folder: Microsoft Exchange offline address book
Not downloading Offline address book files. A server (URL) could not be located.
- When you try to synchronize the offline address list in Outlook 2007 without cache mode enabled or in Outlook 2003 without cache mode enabled, you receive the following error message: Task reported error (0x8004010F): ‘The operation failed. An object cannot be found.’
This issue occurs if the Outlook client computer is configured to use proxy settings when Windows Internet Explorer is used. However, the IP address of the Exchange 2007 Client Access Server (CAS) server is not in the exclusion list.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
- On the Connections tab, click LAN settings.
- elect the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box, and then click Advanced.
- Type the FQDN of the Exchange 2007 CAS server, and then click OK.
- Restart Outlook.
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Make sure that the offline address list generation server is running Exchange 2007.
- On a client computer, start Internet Explorer, configure one proxy, and then clear the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box.
- In Outlook, try to download the offline address book (OAB).
Article ID: 939765 - Last Review: Sep 3, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard