- Name of Update Package Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer.
- Failed to install catalog files.
nnnnnn.log update installation log, you may see an error message that resembles the following: Notes
nnnnnn placeholder represents the number of the Microsoft Knowledge Base article that refers to an update.
- The update installation log is available at
- The "error=0xfffffbfe" entry represents the JET_errRecordTooBig column value.
Note There may be other issues that cause automatic updates to fail. If you do not see the "error=0xfffffbfe" entry, another issue is responsible for the symptoms that you see.
How to obtain this updateTo obtain this update, visit the following Windows Update Web site:
This update includes Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (KB914961) and also corrects the problem that prevents you from installing additional updates or service packs on a computer that is running Windows Small Business Server 2003.
Note This update is a large package that contains approximately 400 MB. Expect an extended download and installation period for this update.
Before you install this update
- Make sure that the Cryptographic service is running on this computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Locate Cryptographic Service, and make sure that Status is set to Started.
- If the update cannot be installed, it may be because catalog files are being used. Close all applications and programs, restart the computer, and then restart the installation.
How to uninstall this update
- Click Start, point to Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the Show Updates check box at the top of the page.
- Select Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 in the list of programs, click Remove, and then follow the instructions to uninstall the service pack.
- After uninstalling Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, click Update for Windows Small Business Server 2003 (KB940276), and then click Remove.
- Click Next, and then follow the instructions in the Software Update Removal Wizard.
Article ID: 940276 - Last Review: Feb 26, 2008 - Revision: 1