Consider the following scenario:
- You schedule a meeting for a Communicator user in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.
- The Outlook 2003 calendar shows that the Communicator user is scheduled to be in a meeting.
The updates to the free/busy information are delayed for the following reasons:
- By default, Outlook 2003 only updates the free/busy information every 45 minutes. Additionally, you cannot decrease this interval because of bandwidth issues and because of scalability issues.
- The replication of the public folder may cause delays.
- In cross-forest scenarios, delays occur when you use the Inter-Organization Replication tool to replicate the free/busy information across forests.
For more information about the Exchange 2010 Availability service and cross version free/busy presence updating, visit the following Web site:
Article ID: 941103 - Last Review: Apr 20, 2010 - Revision: 1