Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- Locate the following registry subkey, and then click it: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TapiSrv
- In the details pane, right-click ImagePath, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the following registry value, and then click OK:%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNote If NetworkService does not appear in the %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService registry value, the problem that is described in the "Symptoms" section may occur.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Note If you try to start the Telephony service before you restart the computer, you may receive the following error message:Error 1290: The service start failed since one or more services in the same process have an incompatible service SID type setting. A service with restricted service SID type can only coexist in the same process with other services with a restricted SID type. If the service SID type for this service was just configured, the hosting process must be restarted in order to start this service.
Article ID: 941144 - Last Review: Oct 21, 2008 - Revision: 1